Why Pat Beitel Marches On

I march for all the young women that I have worked with who did not have a voice! 

I march in solidarity with those who have been raped, battered and even murdered.

A visual that I will never forget. I had a 13 year-old patient who was 36 weeks pregnant when she was strangled. I went to the funeral and the teenager and her infant were in the same coffin!

I march for a homeless woman with schizophrenia who was raped and then the police discounted her. She said to me, "Just because I'm crazy doesn't mean I wasn't raped!"

I will continue to fight for those without a voice! 

In my career as a women's health nurse practitioner I had the opportunity to work with many pregnant and parenting teenagers. Despite the odds against them, many made use of the resources made available to them and finished high school! 

I believe you! March On!

Popular posts from this blog

Why Whitney Williams Marches On

Prescott's Jan Manolis Will Invest in Ed When Elected This Fall

Rosemary Dixon marches because...